Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The dust settles on Miss America

If I have a child of eleven disputed hormonal or so, was the Miss America beauty parade a huge problem for me. Finally, it was the first night of the year in which the network The Partridge Family Room 222 and threw for beautiful women to walk in a swimsuit. And I would do anything to be able to stay and see the show. Nothing! If necessary to continue Bert Parks had a kidney, I would gladly have given mine, it was my desire to see this extraordinary pieceTelevision fare. This was the same desperate need of biological information that some kids my age went to the National Geographic Magazine to steal the dentist's office or the Sears catalog to get out of the barn a little window shopping through the underwear section. I remember the first time I saw a bra in a Sears catalog. I thought it was a kind of prosthesis. Yes, a young man that was developing in Alabama sticks late sixties, the Miss America Pageanta very big deal, yes.

These days, however, holds the Miss America contest on appeal as much to me as a long trip with my son's mother-in-law. Maybe it's because I'm the first in forty head slider and the sight of sparkling wine, Open, just not so swimmers do not do more for me. How geriatric Playboy Bunny, my turn-ons hour uninterrupted nap time and my new vibrating Lazy Boy recliner. However, I do not think of being alone when I say that Miss America has taken its course.You have become old hat, a tradition whose time has expired.

We live in a time when you can have the house clean by girls bikini car wash or car wash bikini beauties. We Baywatch, Playboy Channel, NYPD Blue, Calvin Klein ads, Madonna and of course Victoria's Secret catalog, with the handy little black prosthesis Lacy. What the hell is for Miss America?

Last Saturday night marked the 77th Miss America Pageant and I sat withhonor of the old days'. Okay, I need to launch a replica of the "World's Funniest surgical margins' in the talent contest, but only because to induce classical piano, opera, and bad singing show tunes are known bleeding skull in men my age. Can not be too attentive, you know.

The theme of this year's pageant was "Everything Old Is New Again". I suspect that the "new" application is given the fact that this was a year of premieres. For example, this was the first year the participants were able to wear twoswimsuits if they so wished (three of top five finalists, including the winner, Katherine Shindler Illinois, has done). This was also the first year of a fighter who wears a belly button piercing ring, while another showed a tattoo. Miss Mississippi and his shoes, of all things! Can you imagine? And these girls call themselves role models. I think not.

All these piercings and tattoos made me a bit 'nervous. I almost expected to Miss New York in a pink Mohawk and have aKnitting through the nose. She did not, of course, but if he could do the show interesting. Swimwear two-piece or not, this year's show was about as exciting as a newly hatched egg. The highlight of the show was, as the smiling face of Miss Arizona-off non-stop for two hours began. Let me give you two words of advice for organizers of the show next year's fiasco: mud.

Speaking of the organizers went out of their way to the competition officialsis clear that the Miss America Pageant is no beauty contest. On the contrary, this is a contest of intelligence and personality, charm and serenity, and to promote the causes of the American woman. The fact that there is a competition swimsuit just a coincidence, I think.

They also say the suit swimsuit competition accounts for only 15% of the total vote. Miss America is chosen for its beauty but for their brain. Really expect us? Believe victories intelligent woman? Ok, fine. Come on, that talent and I am grateful contest with some real intelligence test.

Let's have Miss South Dakota and Miss Iceland Rhode risk play for twelve hours without a bathroom break. Take, Miss Michigan back and you must rebuild the carburetor on a '63 Pontiac Catalina. Let's go to Miss California in detail to make the theory of quantum physics, when attempting a Jacob's ladder with a piece of stringThis is too short. Let's have Miss Wyoming, New York Times crossword puzzle in ink! Let's have Miss Kentucky balance your checkbook!

Of course all these things will have to wear swimsuits.

This is after all, Miss America.

No comments:

Post a Comment